Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Grown Up Christmas Wish

*This is what I look like when I ski, except a little better.


I just found out that the Smabys are joining us in Vail for new years! I can't tell you how exciting this news is...we have been on serious friend withdrawal (and family, and anyone we know for that matter) in China. We were supposed to have the King family out, but they were given one of those family guilt-trips that make the holidays special. We are very sad to hear they will not join us (found out yesterday), but so excited that the Smabys are coming!

In honor of the Smabys joining us, I would like to list 5 things I like about both Brett and Krista:

Krista
1. She puts up with Brett. Not many people could.
2. She cares for special children. Like Brett.
3. She forces Brett to get me snacks and beer.
4. She agreed to marry Brett only after I was "off the market."
5. She is a master of mental Jujitsu, and can brainwash anyone.

*While #4 may be misleading, it is true.

Brett
1. He is engaged to Krista
2. He refuses to grow up
3. He is into some really dorky things, and seems to be unfazed by society's scorn for said things (weird music, viral videos, Cheetos, mountain dew, video games, rod Stewart).
4. He thinks of some really great and awkward questions that make a perfectly enjoyable evening uncomfortable in a hurry (see Bodega Bay).
5. He sees me as a mentor, inspiration, and friend

*While 5 may not be true, I can't say that it isn't for sure.

*I also can't confirm that I won't deny to not use as many negatives in one sentence as is not possible.

So, in closing, if any of you out there would like me to write nice things about you, just come to Vail for New Year's!

*Technically, Brett and Krista have not committed to joining us yet. However, after reading this blog they will feel touched by the nice comments and guilty about letting me down (this was my only Christmas wish). Therefore it is a done deal.

2 comments:

ahoughton said...

You guys are too funny! We missed seeing you last night Dave (but thoroughly enjoyed Ashley's company) and can't wait for you to come out here and meet Jackson!!!

Brett Keintz said...

i LOVE blog posts about me. You should have more. It actually does make me more likely to come to vail...we are gonna look into flights this week. holla!