Today we cruised the island via dos modes of transportation- the murphs in a smart car and the haases on a scooter- look dad, helmets- and we're not even required to wear them! We went to one end of the island first- Akrotiri where we found this picturesque location in the above photos. We then made our way to the most popular beach on the island- the black-sanded Kamari beach. So glad we did this! What a cute town complete with beach, boardwalk, boobs and burritos (okay, the are really gyros but I was looking for a "b" word and yes, it was a topless beach.) I have to say, I love seeing life from the back of a scooter! What a way to get around town- just cruising along the cliffs, strapped to the back of my motorcycle man... Dave has never been happier in his life- although now he really wants a motorcycle, but what else is new?
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Scootin' and Smartin' in Santorini
Today we cruised the island via dos modes of transportation- the murphs in a smart car and the haases on a scooter- look dad, helmets- and we're not even required to wear them! We went to one end of the island first- Akrotiri where we found this picturesque location in the above photos. We then made our way to the most popular beach on the island- the black-sanded Kamari beach. So glad we did this! What a cute town complete with beach, boardwalk, boobs and burritos (okay, the are really gyros but I was looking for a "b" word and yes, it was a topless beach.) I have to say, I love seeing life from the back of a scooter! What a way to get around town- just cruising along the cliffs, strapped to the back of my motorcycle man... Dave has never been happier in his life- although now he really wants a motorcycle, but what else is new?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment