So, Dave and I have been together now for 11+ years and married for almost 6... I point this out because I never could have imagined the transition that would take place when he became a daddy. My once boisterous, crazy husband now calms instantly at the sight of his little lady. ;)
I first realized this would be the case immediately after delivery. Dave is not one for blood or hospital chaos but from the second she entered the world he was right over there with her as they gave her shots and bathed her, etc... He was already trying to calm her down and looking over her. She left our room at one point to have blood taken for her newborn tests and when she returned her eyes were all red and scratched. The nurse told us she got very upset and was sort of flailing her arms about. Dave was not happy that they continued to take her blood despite her discomfort.
Let's chat one second about the way Daddy Dave drives... cautiously!! Hold the phone here, boys... there is no speeding or turning in front of traffic! He is very in tune to other cars and seems to get angry when other drivers are being a little nuts. I love this, personally and am glad that she could slow him down a little bit!
Truly though, Dave has been amazing with her. He originally thought he would not want to be involved really until she could interact and play, but I do think he likes snuggling her way more than he thought! He is already trying to teach her "Daddy" and is brainwashing her to love him more than me. :) I often find him as above, with Zeta on one side and Taylor on the other. Whereas I once wanted him to get off the couch and help me with things, now, I hope he will stay on the couch and keep everyone quiet and happy! My how things change!
1 comment:
Sweet pics. Love the thought of Dave being mellow - hard to imagine :) - but so glad that becoming a parent has been good for him. Yall definitely sound like you're making the transition well and I'm so glad!
xoxo
Post a Comment