After a restless night (1-7 am was awake time!!!) we were rewarded with some lovely moments this morning. Here's a video of her snoring.
Why is it that she sleeps ALL day and not at night? Oh well...
*side note: I spent 5-7 am last night putting the paci back in her mouth every 10 seconds or so while she was wide awake and staring at me. Very cute (and kind of weird, since babies at night look like aliens because their eyes are so big). This is all good and fun, but when I have to go back to work Monday and wake up at 6:30 this may not be entertaining!
*Additional side note: we were laughing last night about how quickly things change. My wife is wearing a diaper around the house, milk is coming out of her boobs, and I watch someone else slurple on her nurples all day. We talk about poop all the time...when did she last poop? What color was it? How much was there? Was that a fart or a hershey squirt? 6 months ago I was traveling around the world tasting the finest wine, having intimate moments with a woman who wore grown up underpants!
Additionally, I would like to report that early signs indicate she will like her dad more than her mom. Despite the huge advantage of having T sucking on mom's boobs for 4-6 hours a day, T is always looking for her daddy. I have also been telling her that I love her more than her mom does, and that she can dress goth if she wants to (though her mom would be very upset)! So, odds right now are 4:3 in favor of dad.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats first of all on your little bundle of Joy!! She looks so precious! And, this last blog post - is soo funny. I think you are right - Ashley might not looove the goth look. Keep sending the pictures out - she is a doll! Love, Lia
Oh those long nights! It's crazy how you still can think she is cute even when it is 3 in the morning. I remember exactly how it those nights felt. Even though you guys are not getting much sleep, it seems like you are loving every minute of it! Keep being great parents!
So, I can't sympathize because I've not been there - but I still feel your pain here! However, Dave's comments had me rolling in laughter as I rode to work today! So funny!
Dave & Ash,
I was reading this post in the LIBRARY and could not stop laughing. I got a few irritated glances, but that's ok. I'm loving the little stories about baby Taylor!
Jill
Post a Comment