Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An update for the folks at home...


It has been awhile since I've blogged... greetings!

Hard to believe that this is my final week here in Shanghai! Dave will stay one extra week and I am going to San Francisco to get some work done with Lynda (my former boss and main client still). I am excited to see the Haases and all of our friends left in the Bay.

Not too many updates, but I will catch you up quickly:

- When I am not working, I run around town with my mom and grandparents!

- We have been taking lots of walks around the city streets trying to find the best ice cream- we found it! Blueberry yogurt topped with fudge and slivered almonds- delicious!

- Starbucks has the Christmas cups here, which makes me more than happy.

- I have been listening to Christmas music non-stop for the last two weeks!

- We took a family excursion to a water town- my Dad said some Chinese compare it to Venice- this is a ridiculous comparison, but Mission Impossible 3 was filmed there. We rented the movie later that evening to see what we saw, just on screen- very exciting! :) Oh- and our tour guide "Celine" actually sang for us in the car- like full on eyes closed, belting out- a karaoke performance of "My Heart Will Go On..." I could not even make eye contact with Dave.

- I am officially done with all of our Christmas shopping- thank God for online and the shops of Cheena! Now... all of you pray that I don't get stopped in customs. :) As I am carrying a lot of illegal goods for my friends and family, of course out of love.

- I had my last China doctor's appointment- all is good in my belly hood. She is 50th percantile which means she is not too big and not too small- certain parts of my body pray that she remains closer to the not too big category. :)

- Our house is ready to move in and just waiting for us in Indy- with a small team of elves, including our awesome realtor and my amazing mother everything is fixed, painted and clean!

- We are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow with my whole family and then again Saturday with Dave's boss's family- lots of great food, even in China!

Love and hugs to all of you reading- can't wait to see a lot of you soon!

No comments: