Monday, September 29, 2008

Let's Go Back...







Well here I am from the homefront (Ash that is). Dave has been blogging so much that I thought I should get back into it. Before I update you on "the now" I wanted to go back in time for a minute. I was organizing pictures today and it made me realize that there were a ton of fun things happening right before we traveled that we never told you all about.

Pictured above were some of the highlights of our last month at the GSB. I bring these up now because I am in deep mourning that our time there is over and I am clinging to every last moment I can. Let's have a walk thru....

1. Who is the man with blonde spiky hair, you ask? Yes, that is Dave.
- Every year Stanford has a crazy event called "Vegas FOAM." Essentially a bunch of students head to Vegas for 24 hours dressed in 70s gear, don't get hotel rooms and just party all night long. Apparently my husband went as Rod Stewart. The best part is when I received the pics from the lovely lady in the middle- Katie (side note, she was our dog sitter and good friend), they were pretty much all her and her girlfriends... and Dave. So my point, is when Dave said it would be appropriate he would have a girl, he is right. He seems to always surround himself with the ladies and secretly I think he is looking forward to a life of corny chick flicks and girl talk. :)

2. Who has the best friends in the world? Me...
- This year our glorious friends threw me a small surprise dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and as you can see, to honor me, they all wore pink! Now, what was hilarious about this was that I had bought and worn a hot pink shirt specifically for the occasion (because obviously it is my signature color). When I arrived, it was pretty hilarious that I was wearing pink and so were all of them!

3 & 4. This might have been one of the best nights at Stanford...
- Shout out to my boss, Lynda. Such an amazing woman who happened to give a "party bus" for my birthday. Before graduation, we rented a 35 person limo bus, completely gutted out with wrap around seating, neon lights and full bar equipped with Frank, the world's greatest bar tender. We took a ride to the city, had a great dinner and danced the night away at my fave dance club. Such a great night- in the pics we have some friends enjoying the bus and Dave and Channy singing karaoke in their aviators, which strangely enough is pretty common for them!

5. My husband, the graduate.
- To sum it up, here are the boys at graduation and I just thought you might all need real proof that Dave actually did go to school and graduate.

Hope you enjoyed a little blast from the past....

3 comments:

Channytx said...

Oh...I love the blast from the past but it brings my mourning back to the surface and now I need to engage in deep breathing. I love your highlights from the last month, though. Life was (and is) sooooo good. Miss you tons! XOXO

Lauren S. said...

**sniff, sniff** I just can't handle thoise pics!!!! They make me smile, laugh and cry all at the same time. Miss you soooo much!

LWB said...

Okay first item that needs clarification: in the party bus pic - is Tim wearing pants?? He looks suspiciously (or not really) like he's ditched them somewhere along the way. Second, how have you managed to "go back" and remember our fun times from school but sound so dang upbeat? Any mention of Stanford makes me alternately sad or grumpy b/c I am still not over it being over. Maybe it's because you have so many cool things going for you right now, Yes, that must be it.

xoox